Hold the phone these delicious little morsels, naturopath approved; are actually healthy.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free. vegan, vegetarian and Paleo perfect. What are they made form you ask?! Air!Nope, black beans!
These fiber rich brownies are great for those with intolerances or anyone wanting a healthy snack.
- 1 can of black beans, drain and rinse very well
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder * 1/2 cup quick oats 40g
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave * pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase the maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup cacao nibs, nuts or seeds
- Simply blend until fine in a food processor.
- Lastly, add chopped nuts or cacao nibs.
- Bake 15-18min at 180 degrees.
- If they seem a tad soft, leave overnight in the fridge and they magically sort themselves out and become firm.
Where to from here?
For more articles and recipes, check out our blog.