Making the most of isolation and limiting my peanut butter toast addiction.
I’ve set myself some health goals. My most recent is to increase my fresh vegetables. The goal, 5 cups per day.
Today’s winner – Zucchini and sweet corn fritters with a big dollop of guacamole.
Zucchini and sweet corn fritters
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup corn 155g
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella (or any hard cheese will work)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan 20g
- 1 egg
- 1/3 plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Trim the end off the zucchini, peel the onion then coarsely grate both. Put them into a colander and sprinkle over some salt. Toss and leave while you prepare the rest.
- Coarsely grate the cheese
- Squeeze as much liquid as you can from the zucchini and onion and discard the liquid. Put the drained zucchini and onion in a bowl with the corn, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, flour, baking powder, and pepper.
- Mix well so well combined and ingredients seem pretty evenly distributed, without breaking up the zucchini too much.
- Warm a thin layer of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Put spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and press them down with a spatula to gently flatten.
- Leave the fritters to cook a couple of minutes until you can see the underside starting to brown. Turn over and cook a couple more minutes on the other side.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
For more articles and recipes, check out our blog.