- Your first consult will go for approximately 45 to 60 minutes depending on the complexity of the case and cost $165. In this time we go over family history, past and present illnesses, a thorough understanding of each body system, mineral assessment, BIA, iridology and diet and lifestyle analysis
- If you have any recent blood tests, scans, or reports from your Dr, these are great to bring in and give me an in-depth understanding of your case.
- Also a list of all tablets, those from your GP and also any other vitamins, minerals or herbal preparations your taking.
- Any information is useful, some people will write down what is going on so they can remember everything, the more information you have the easier it is to get you on track with your health goals.
- On booking your appointment you will receive an email introducing you to the clinic
- Follow up consultations take around 30minutes, during the treatment we discuss progress and changes over the last few weeks, positive or negative. We then reassess your health goals and look at any other adjustments that may need to be made to the diet.
These frequently asked questions may answer some of your questions, however if you have further queries, please feel free to contact me.
Jump to a topic:
Yes you can claim your Naturopath consults through private health funds. Depending on the fund and level of cover you can generally expect to get anywhere between $20 and $70 back. Some private health funds will also let you claim a portion of your supplements. If you are unsure if you are covered it’s best to check with your health fund.
- There is no set amount of appointments is depends highly on the individual and the presenting complaint. If a client follows diet and lifestyle changes and maintains supplements there is a higher chance of improving their condition quicker. Generally speaking common cold and things like digestive upsets (bloating/constipation) changes are noted very quickly within 7-10 days. However long standing complaints like high cholesterol or reproductive complaints can take a little longer.
- It’s different for everyone and no two people are the same and they often respond differently.
- Naturopathy is about long term natural healing, some conditions have taken years to develop and can respond a little slower, but the results are long term.
- This will be discussed within each consult.
Naturopaths are trained to treat effectively and safely numerous complaints in any person of any age including:
- Allergies, sinusitis, hay fever
- Arthritis Rheumatoid/Osteo joint aches and pains
- Skin conditions, acne, eczema, scarring
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood glucose
- Weight management, weight gain or loss
- Women’s health, PMS, painful periods, PCOS, endometriosis & fibroids
- Digestive disorders, bloating, cramping, food intolerances, constipation, pain, IBS, Chrons, Ulcerative colitis
- Stress relief, insomnia, depression, anxiety, fatigue
- Men’s healthy, BPH, fertility
- Hormonal disturbances, thyroid complaints, adrenal exhaustion
- Fertility and preconception care
- Migraines, headaches
- Common cold, flu, ear infection, cold sores
- A GP has more training in the medical sciences, will often give you a 10 to 20min consultation and prescribe drugs or minor lifestyle modifications; they also have a different philosophy and methodology of practice.
- Naturopaths do not replace GPs. A naturopath offers an alternative philosophy and methodology to the treatment of illness, and will spend longer understanding the patient’s needs. They will use substances that subtly and slowly modify the internal environment, as well as recommending lifestyle and dietary modifications.
- When Naturopaths and GP’s work together all factors of healthy are taken into account
Lindsay really takes the time to listen and understand your health/problems before providing you with the knowledge you need to improve. Her herbal potion provided instant relief from a condition I had been suffering for years. Very happy with treatment and would recommend her to anyone
Lindsay provided some great practical dietary and nutritional tips that I was able to put into practice easily because they realistically fit my lifestyle.
Lindsay is an incredibly talented naturopath and caring individual! I couldn't recommend her highly enough!